Supports and Services 

Supports Program: The Supports Program is a Medicaid waiver program through which adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who live in a non-licensed setting can access Division-funded services.  The Supports Program is part of the Division's system-wide reform efforts. Enrollment on to the Supports Program is currently anticipated to begin July 1, 2015. Enrollment will continue in phases over a 12-18 month time period.

What we offer At HHCS

Supports Coordination: Are Case management services to help individuals learn about and gain access to any services that can help address their needs. These include, but are not limited to, Medicaid wavier and Medicaid State Plan services as well as medical, social, educational, county and municipal services. 

For Example:

Day Service:

There are many ways an individual can participate in day services, including: 
-  Employment
-  Day Program
-  Self-Directed Day Services
-  A combination of any of the above

Residential Service: 

Some residential options that may be offered to an individual include:  Group homes – in which individuals share a home with no more than three other residents and receives services from staff that is on-site 24-hours a day. Supervised apartments – in which an individual lives alone or with a roommate in an apartment that is leased or owned by a provider agency, which also employs staff that is available to serve the individual 24-hours a day. Supportive Housing – in which an individual leases his or her own apartment and receives services on an as-needed basis either in person or through phone contact up to a total of 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Community Care Home – in which an individual lives as part of the family of a caretaker and receives assistance from that person and/or from an agency on a routine basis. 

At the time the need for a residential placement becomes necessary, a case manager can explore other possible options with the individual as well.
Contribution To Care
Individuals who move into a residential placement provided by DDD should be aware that they will be required to help contribute to the cost of their care. This legal obligation, referred to as the “contribution to care,” is outlined in NJAC 10:46D and can be found in the Division Circular 3A. This contribution helps the State cover the cost of shelter, food and other maintenance items.
This legal responsibility is shared by the family of individuals under the age of 18. Once individuals turn 18, only they are responsible. An individual’s contribution to care begins to be assessed on the 31st day after he or she enters a residential placement.  
The contribution for a child under 18 will be based on the family’s financial situation and any unearned income the child receives.  The contribution for individuals 18 and older will be based on his or her wages and/or unearned income.  In all cases, a lien will be filed against the real and personal property of the individual who is entering a residential placement. 

Other services include: Self-directed, family support, and supported employment. <--(scroll mouse over each to view more info).

How to Apply: 

Eligibility for Services

Eligibility for Division-funded Services:

In order to receive services funded through the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities, an individual must: -be 21 years of age or older; -be a legal resident of the United States and a legal resident of New Jersey; -be Medicaid eligible and maintain Medicaid eligibility; and -submit the DDD Eligibility Application and be determined to meet the functional criteria for DDD eligibility (see Division Circular #3 or NJSA 30:6D-25(b) and NJAC 10:46). In general, to receive Division-funded services, individuals must document that they have a chronic physical and/or mental impairment* that: -manifests in the developmental years, before age 22; -is lifelong; and -substantially limits them in at least three of these life activities: self-care; learning; mobility; communication; self-direction; economic self-sufficiency; the ability to live independently *Some conditions that might be considered a developmental disability include an intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, spina bifida, autism, or a neurological impairment.  CLICK HERE TO APPLY

Please Review Info on Guardianship <-( scroll mouse over)

NOTE: The transition to a Medicaid-based, fee-for-service system is anticipated to occur July 1, 2015. Once the new system is fully implemented, adults seeking Division-funded services must be enrolled on one of two Medicaid waiver programs: the Supports Program or the Community Care Waiver (CCW). Enrollment on these waiver programs is based on assessed level of need, and the Division currently maintains a Waiting List for individuals requesting services through the Community Care Waiver. 

                 Home      About        Services         Contact

                       Copyright © 2015 Helping Hands Community Services